As a mom, you definitely want to be recognized we’re making an amazing dessert, and that is the best crack pie. Regardless of how busy you are, you always want to have the best recipe out there. They are the kind of dessert that everybody asks you to make over the holidays, or for kids parties. It is after all a recipe that you’re planning to pass down to your children, so they can pass it to their own children. Having the best recipe will always earn you points as a mother. One of the best desserts and most acclaimed ones, is the famous crack pie. This pie has the perfect combination of salty-sweet with an amazing cookie crust which makes this desert so rich and filling and quite irresistible to try.
If you still haven’t gotten down the recipe for this amazing dessert, check out the following one and start making it as your own.
For the oat cookie crust
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 9 tablespoons (1 stick plus 1 tablespoon) unsalted butter, room temperature, divided
- 5 1/2 tablespoons (packed) golden brown sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon (generous) salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted, cooled slightly
- 6 1/2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar (for dusting)
Preheat the oven at 350°F and combine the butter, the sugar, until it’s light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat the mixture until it makes itself more fluffy. Add the oats, flour and all dry ingredients and add it to a baking pan. Make sure that it is all flat on the edges. Bake from 17-18 minutes until the top is brown and light golden.
Add the cookie crumble into a large bowl and add sugar and butter. Make sure that the mixture is moist so that it sticks together. Transfer the mixture to a pie dish and press until it is set nice and smooth on the edges.
For the filling, Whisk both sugars, milk powder, and salt in a medium bowl to blend. Add melted butter and whisk until blended. Add cream, then egg yolks and vanilla and whisk until well blended. Pour filling into the crust. Bake pie for 30 minutes. Continue to bake pie until filling is brown in spots and set around edges but the center still moves slightly when pie dish is gently shaken, about 20 minutes longer.